Gateway Community Charters mission is to create and manage high quality charter schools which provide access to innovative, quality, standards-based educational opportunity for all students.
Charter schools are independent public schools that are allowed to be more innovative and are held accountable or for improved student achievement. By forming a strong partnership among parents, students and teachers, charter schools are able to create an environment that’s specially tailored for the students who go there. An environment where:
- Parents are encouraged to be involved
- Teachers have the freedom to innovate
- Students have the chance to learn
- All three are held accountable for improving student achievement
- Do not charge tuition
- Are not religiously-based, and may not discriminate
- Enroll all students who apply, unless the school is at capacity, when at capacity prospective students are entered into a lottery
- Meet all California State Standards for curriculum
- Administer state standardized tests, like the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)
- Have credentialed teachers for core subjects
- Receive public funding, based on student enrollment
Since April 2003 the GCC has successfully conceived, created and implemented 6 quality charter school options in the Greater Sacramento Valley; 5 of our 6 schools have been in operation for 5 or more years. Each of our schools has a unique mission and vision and has a track record serving students within the charter school construct.
Food Service RFPAttention: Food Service Vended Meal Companies
The Gateway Community Charters is requesting proposals for school food service vended meal services. The Vendor would provide meal services according to United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations and guidelines as well as State of California Department of Education policies and guidelines.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
March 10-14, 2014
Week of the School Administrator
May 5-9, 2014
National Charter School Week
May 5-9, 2014
Certificated Staff Appreciation Week
May 19-24, 2014
Classified Employees Appreciation Week
WELCOME From the Superintendent/CEO
Welcome to Gateway Community Charters (GCC). As the Superintendent/CEO of the GCC, I am excited and proud to lead our dynamic charter school organization. Gateway Community Charters is a 501c3 nonprofit public benefit corporation that has been providing quality school choice options in the greater Sacramento region for ten years.