Dear Parents, Caregivers, and Guardians,
We know that last year was tough, but we’re excited to get back in the classroom this fall. We are committed to taking the steps necessary to help us have a safe return to school. As part of steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep our school open for in-person learning, we will offer a free COVID-19 Testing Program for students at all Gateway Community Charter schools (Community Collaborative Charter School, Community Outreach Academy (Elementary and Middle), Empowering Possibilities International Charter (EPIC), Futures High School, Gateway International School, Higher Learning Academy, and Sacramento Academic and Vocational Academy). Regular testing will help protect our students, staff, family members, and others who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 or are otherwise at risk for getting seriously sick from COVID-19.
Through this program, we will be able to identify COVID-19 cases quickly and early, which can help us stop an outbreak before it happens. This will help us keep students in the classroom and able to take part in the school activities they love. We are working with our local health departments and are joining other school districts and charter schools throughout the state that offer this program.
How do I register for Testing? Please click on the following link to register for testing: https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=cdph1407students
Who will be tested?
- Testing is available for students who have symptoms of COVID-19, even if vaccinated, or who have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19. Visit the link below to see a list of symptoms:
How is the testing done?
- The COVID-19 testing is free, quick, and easy.
- Members of our school staff will oversee testing which includes:
- Gently swabbing the inner part of the lower nostril. This test is not painful. We do not use the longer swabs that reach higher into the nose.
Where and when is the testing done?
- Our school’s testing site will be done on campus. Results will be available within 24-48 hours.
How can I be sure that my child’s information will be protected?
- Sharing of information about your child will only be done for public health purposes and in accordance with applicable law and policies protecting student privacy and the security of your child’s data.
This letter asks your permission for us to:
Test your child if they show symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or have been in close contact with a person with COVID-19 while in school.
To learn more or register your child, please visit;
Gateway Community Charters is extremely grateful to our committed families and staff who continue to show great flexibility and resilience as we work together to contain the spread of this virus. If you have questions regarding the COVID-19 Testing Program, please reach out to your school site.
Dr. Christine McCormick